This position is an entry to intermediate-level position for someone who has an interest in and a love for craft beer. The Cellar Person will contribute to the daily operation of processing beer from fermenter to packaged product.
He or she should expect to work 40 hours per week in 8-hour shifts. This would be a 2nd shift position from 11 am to 7 pm primarily Monday through Friday eventually shifting to Tuesday through Saturday.
- Keg cleaning
- Racking beer into kegs
- Adhere to all production SOPs
- Move kegs from cellar to cold room
- CIP tanks • Assist in/lead miscellaneous cellar activities (dry hop, harvest yeast, trub dump) • Properly track data on beer
- Test gravities
- Perform entry-level laboratory work
- Carbonate beer
- Weigh grain for brewing
- Assist with canning and packaging of product • Work with other departments and help when needed
- Maintain a clean, safe environment
- Keep an organized workspace • Handle concentrated and diluted chemicals in accordance with SOPs
- A strong and efficient work-ethic and commitment to quality
- Proactive mentality and takes initiative to solve problems
- General knowledge of the brewing process required
- Forklift experience a plus
- Must be minimum 21 years of age (for sampling of alcoholic product)
- Ability to think critically, follow directions and communicate with others
- Self starter and motivated to learn more about the industry
- Must be able to stand for entire shift
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environment
- Must be able to work in wet environment
- Must be able to consistently lift and carry 55 lbs • Must be able to consistently crouch, kneel, and bend
- Must be able to consistently use hands and wrists
Those with general maintenance skills including mechanical, electrical and packaging line maintenance are encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive salary commensurate with experience and education. We are looking to hire people who have a passion for beer and how to make it. The ability to adapt to change, operate independently, work hard with a team- mindset is essential.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.